Nia White Belt training with Winalee Zeeb
Nia – The Practice
- Combining dance, martial arts and mindfulness, Nia tones your body while transforming your mind. More than just a workout, Nia is a holistic fitness practice addressing each aspect of your life – body, mind and soul.
- Nia is based on the intelligent design of the body. Each workout brings mindfulness to your dance movement experience leaving you energized, mentally clear, and emotionally balanced.
- Nia cardio-workouts combine 52 simple moves with dance arts, martial arts, and healing arts to get you fit in 60 minutes – body, mind, emotion, and spirit.
- Nia is non-impact, practiced barefoot, and adaptable to individual needs and abilities. Nia classes are taught by licensed Nia teachers.
About Nia White Belt
- The Nia White Belt is the first level of a five-belt training series that presents a body- centered approach to health, wellness and fitness. If you have a desire to share Nia, the White Belt Training is your entryway into teaching. Those who choose the path of personal enrichment use this training as a starting point for becoming a master student.
- Upon graduation, you may become a livelihood member for a yearly membership fee. As a livelihood member, you obtain a teaching license (whether you decide to use it or not) and have exclusive access to professional Nia routines, an in-depth continuing education program, an online forum, and special privileges. You may enroll in the Green Belt Training – which is dedicated to the craft of teaching – at any time after completing your White Belt Training. You may also enroll in the next level of training, Blue Belt Training.
Winalee Zeeb International Nia Trainer
“I began teaching in the fitness industry in 1981. I had a passion for exercise, and teaching aquatics courses, water exercise and aerobics filled that passion. These traditional fitness practices and my unconscious movement patterning ultimately led me to exhaustion, burnout, and physical pain. In 1984, I severely injured both my knees. I had numbed myself to my body’s voice of pain and I required surgery.
In July of 1991, I was on the edge of quitting teaching. I attended the IDEA Fitness Conference and I saw a sign that read, “Body, Mind, Spirit Workout.” I had not seen the word ‘spirit’ used in any other courses offered. Immediately, my curiosity drew me to take the workshop. It was a Nia workshop, and I clearly recall watching Debbie and Carlos (Nia’s Founders) enter the room. Every cell of my being recognized their radiance. They took the stage and did something unheard of at that time in the fitness industry – they invited us to take off our shoes.
Those first barefoot seconds of conscious movement had my wounded knees saying, “Ahhhhhhh” as they experienced healing through movement. After tearfully dancing a profound healing awakening, I registered for their next White Belt Intensive. I sensed a deep knowing within myself that Nia had much to teach me. I eagerly attended the Blue, Brown, Black, and First Degree Black Belt trainings in succession.
In February of 1997, after years of practicing Nia and many hours of teaching, I was blessed with the honor of becoming a Nia Trainer. Words cannot express the infinite gifts my heart receives from the privilege of sharing the Nia Belts. I travel internationally teaching Nia, and I am passionately in love with what I am privileged to share. I sing professionally. I am a motivational keynote speaker, and a yoga teacher. On February 14, 2009, I opened Heartdance Studio – a magical space. The teachings of Nia have brought me my ability to balance all I am passionate about, and I am so very grateful.
I am honored to joyfully dance in the sea of life with all of you!”
The White Belt workshop is a wonderful way to deepen your Nia practice. After I completed the course, I found that I enjoyed and understood Nia so much more.
Winalee is a fantastic teacher to lead you through the first belt of your Nia journey.
Hoa Hele Retreat Includes:
Nia White Belt Training
2 Hawaiian Cultural events to augment your experience of Aloha:
Hawaiian waterfall: hula & flower lei making
- Sunrise ocean cleansing at the beach
- 3 star contemporary hotel accommodations at Ala Moana Hotel in Honolulu - Near swimming, beach, shady jogging paths and relaxing ocean views.
- Continental breakfast provided by Hotel
- Vegetarian Lunch provided by local caterer: fresh nutritious meal with contemporary flare. Prepared with delicious fresh produce, hearty enough to power you through your training!
- Local Transport
She is warm, kind and best of all, fun! You’ll have an amazing experience.
– Doris Atsuko Morisaki